Soothing Sunday: a Great Sundress for the Whole Day

Happy Sunday! We had a really nice day of church, errands, SNL, a bar for some beers and wings, and a little bit of binge-watching. Funnily enough, I wore the same sundress all day long and felt perfectly appropriate. I highly recommend this dress!

Amazon faux wrap, tiered midi dress

I purchased this dress (in red) on Abra Belke's recommendation. I opted for the red, because I have a lot of black and blue in my wardrobe already. I thought it looked feminine but worried it might tip into the realm of too cutesy. Based on some prior experience with Amazon clothing, I went up a size so that it would have a good drape.

The dress took quite a while to ship, but it was free shipping, so I wasn't too concerned. However, once I received it, I knew it would get some great mileage. It pulls on over your head, so no frustrating zipper. The waist defines without being uncomfortable. The floaty sleeve provides a little coverage so you're no sleeveless in an inappropriate space. And the length is perfect so you aren't freezing indoors or over-revealed outdoors. And! Like I mentioned up top, I wore this dress to church, to the grocery store, cooking, to a bar, and walking outside a bit, and it was perfect for the whole day! Another great quality: it's machine washable! This is a really amazing spring and summer purchase! And it comes in so many colors... I'm already contemplating the light green.

Today's Delights:

  • We watched two SNL episodes this weekend, and they were both pretty darn funny. It's exciting that they're able to have a full studio audience again! It definitely brings more life to the show!
  • I have finished three weeks of my new job, and I am just so happy I made this decision! The people have all been lovely, and the work has been much more interesting. So far, I'm genuinely interested and happy to wake up and get to investigating these files!
  • Yesterday, I had a very exciting personal win. I listed and sold my first thing on Facebook marketplace. I once listed and gave away (for free--sad) a sofa on Craigslist. I once purchased an area rug on Craigslist. But I'd never made money on one of these, nor did I use FB Marketplace. However, my husband and I are trying to downsize to make our upcoming move more seamless so I sold our sofa. I got multiple hits and sold it for our asking price! It was kind of exhilarating. I think I included some pretty photos as well as a lengthy description that brought in more interest! Anyway, it was exciting for me!
Find something to delight in, A

Comments

Popular Posts