My Review of ThirdLove Bras

Until a few weeks ago, I do not think I'd purchased a new bra since 2014. That sounds absolutely absurd to even think about, but I'm pretty sure it's true. So about a month ago, I started giving some thought to ordering some new bras online. I heard of ThirdLove through probably five different podcasts, so I figured I would start there.

On the whole, I have been very, very pleased!

When you order through ThirdLove, you take a fit quiz that's pretty fun. You work from fit knowledge you have about your existing bras (or if you--unlike me--have a measuring tape, work from actual measurements) and explore what works and what does not work about those bras. Based on my existing bras, and complaints I had about them, ThirdLove recommended size 38C for me. Which sounds bigger that I would have expected, but I decided to trust the process.

So I ordered four bras: a black t-shirt bra, a nude t-shirt bra, a pale pink cotton bra, and a pretty bra. 

Shipping was quick, and I was notified often of where they were.

I opened the box, and honestly thought it was a mistake. The bras looked bigger than anything I currently have. Perhaps they're slightly fuller coverage, but I looked at them and thought there was no way that they would fit. But I tried them on and was honestly amazed.

It's amazing how much better a new bra shapes and lifts compared to the ancient bras I had been wearing! They are also so comfortable! The smoothing for under shirts was very good, too. Also, another helpful aspect of ThirdLove is that when you receive your new bras, you receive an email with suggestions to figure out if the new bras fit properly. For instance, that you should put them on with the loosest hook so that as it stretches out and gets older, you can move into the tighter hooks!

Biggest Pros: fit predictor was exactly right, the lift and shape provided by ThirdLove is really flattering, the 'pretty' bra is very pretty!, shipping was efficient, discount codes available for your purchase made it pretty affordable, and they still feel great even after a few weeks. Oh! and they're comfortable! There is pretty shaping, but they're comfortable bras!

Biggest Cons: I think my biggest complaint is that the material/structure of the straps on the t-shirt bra are a little noisy. I don't know if it's like a creaky plastic sound, but there are times where I hear the straps stretching even if I move just a little. It's the weirdest complaint, I know. And it's not annoying enough that I would return them, but it's just a weird quirk that I have noticed. The second complaint is the price: perhaps it's because I hadn't bought a bra in years, but if I hadn't had a discount code, the bras would have seemed too expensive for my taste. That said, I hope these last and hold up well, which will make them worth the money.

On the whole, I recommend that you give ThirdLove a try!

Today's Delights:

  • For the first time in so long, my husband and I went out for an outdoor drink at a local restaurant. I got a Moscow mule, and he got an IPA. We chatted and enjoyed the warm evening air. It was soooo lovely.
  • For dinner last night, I cooked chicken sesame noodles from Cravings by Chrissy Teigen. It ended up really tasty, but it was crazy-heavy/rich. I doubled the recipe so that I could cook the whole package of chicken that I had, and it was just way way too much. So we'll have leftovers for a while.
  • Today's Noom check-in! I weighed in at 165.8 lbs. I've been managing to get my steps in too!
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts