Week No. 15: A Quick Hello

Hi there!

It's been such a long time since I've managed to take the time to write up a post! There's been a flurry of activity in our family's world over the last few weeks. 


Now that we are pretty confident we won't see any more snow this year, my husband and I spruced up our patio so that we can enjoy it in warmer weather. We hung up some string lights and fluffed the cushions on our patio furniture. The pic doesn't do the lights justice: they look so inviting!

We both got the first dose of the vaccine! We're so excited that many of our loved ones have gotten it already, and we're looking forward to getting back to normal life.

I will be changing jobs. The job search was a little stressful, and it's going to be hard to leave some of my friends from work, but I'm very excited for a change of pace!

New York Times Cooking black bean Instant Pot soup

We've been doing some wonderful cooking recently, but I keep forgetting to take photos. My husband made the soup above: a black bean Instant Pot soup with a delicious, fresh salsa of sorts on top! We also made Trader Joe's falafel; a couscous dish with dried cranberries, parsley, lime zest, and chili flakes; I made Yasmin Fahr's quick ragu (which I posted before); and I made a butternut squash, kale, and quinoa soup that packed a lot of flavor and a lot of nutrients.

I'm going to try to post more regularly, and I appreciate all of my sweet readers for visiting my corner of the Internet. It's just been a busy-busy time!

Today's Delights:

  • Yesterday, I got Dunkin for breakfast and it was such a treat!
  • My husband and I just purchased a blow-up mattress, because we have some actual visitors coming in the not-to-distant future! Very excited!
  • I re-discovered Revenge, an ABC show from the 2010s. It's available on Amazon Prime. It's so fun, so dramatic, so twisty. And the clothes are gorgeous! Even a decade later! I've definitely been binging it.
  • I'm currently in the early section of a new book by Ann Patchett that I've been really enjoying!
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts