The Bliss of a Night Away

This past weekend, my husband and I took a little road trip to a small town--Rocheport, MO--for a night away at a beautiful bed and breakfast. We received a gift card as a gift for our wedding, and the trip was absolutely lovely! Rocheport is a small town in central Missouri, along the Katy Trail (a bike trail that spans the width of Missouri!). I had never been there, nor had my husband. And we were absolutely delighted by it when we got there.

View from a winery overlooking bluffs along the Missouri River

When we arrived, we hadn't had lunch, and we opted for a small cafe with outdoor seating. I had pancakes (breakfast, really) and my husband had a black bean burger. We both really enjoyed our meals.

Then, we checked into our bed and breakfast, the Amber House. It was elegant, and the hosts were spectacular. Our room was comfy and the bathroom and other amenities were comfortably clean and modern: the perfect blend of old and new.

The exterior of the beautiful BNB

Now I know what my fantasy kitchen is!

We unpacked in our room, snooped around the house a bit and then we had a cheese tray served to us with a bottle of champagne! 

Perfectly luxurious. And enjoyed out on the porch with a stellar view.

That evening, we enjoyed dinner at a bluff-top winery. We each enjoyed our dinners and the Malbec served alongside.

After dinner, we took a nighttime stroll around the town. It was utterly charming! Upon returning to the bed and breakfast, we browsed through our hosts' DVDs and selected Say Anything. Perfect night.

The next morning, the BNB served us our included breakfast. For some reason, we kept being surprised by how lovely everything was! Breakfast was so delicious! After breakfast, we took a long walk along the Katy Trail. Our BNB hosts gave us tips about some pretty lookout points not too far from the BNB.

The trail spans the width of Missouri. And above,
you can see the only tunnel the trail goes through!

After our walk, unfortunately, it was time to head home. But wow! What a perfect little getaway. We had a chance to quiet our minds, explore the outdoors, savor the feeling just before spring really bursts.

Today's Delights:

  • I have been doing a lot of rewatching lately (too much, according to my husband, ha!). I revisited some of the Avengers movies lately. I just find them so comforting (even though it's all action).
  • I just finished my first page-turner book of March! I have liked a lot of my books this month, but this was the first that kept me up late, needing to know what happened. I love that feeling.
  • We had the tastiest, and simplest dinner last night. A white bean stew with a fresh herb dressing on top. I think 2021 has become the year I truly learn to appreciate and value the white bean--ha!
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts