Week No. 8: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

How wild is it how much of a difference sunshine makes?! We had some clear, bright, blue skies this week, and although the snow is still about a foot deep, life was so much more cheerful! How was your week? Mine was pretty good. I did a lot of reading, and I meditated a few times, so I'm happy to get back on that track.

This Week's Highs:

  • Career: I was offered a new arrangement with work to allow longer-term remote work, and it was such a relief! I also felt pretty productive for much of the week, so I got some things handled.
  • Health: Honestly just between the good work news and the increase in vitamin D, and the longer daylight hours, I have just been in such a better mood!
  • Personal: I have been off social media for all of Lent, and goodness, I am happier without Instagram. This does not mean that I'll never go back on, but it is crazy how much happier I am when I'm not envying others.

This Week's Lows:

  • Career: I still have a ton of work to do! It's very busy, and it makes me anxious.
  • Health: Oh, I'm getting a little frustrated with the weight loss journey. I do still have motivation, and I'm continuing to have pretty good habits for much of the day. But I've had a lot of trouble sticking to the calorie budget in the evening. Also, I have been having some real hankerings for Oreos that I have succumbed to :) Well today I weighed in at 167.8 lbs which is pretty much where I've been for five days! It's a little frustrating. But the win is that I am overall down about seven pounds. I'm happy with that. Maybe it'll start getting on track again!
  • Personal: I have a family member going into surgery today, and I'm praying that he'll be strong and recover okay. 

This Week's Good Reads:

  • Do you miss going out? How about the part before going out? I loved this piece about missing 'getting ready'. I remember in college, a group would get together in one tiny dorm, and one friend would curl or straighten everyone's hair; one friend would lend clothes; one friend would do everyone's eye makeup. It was the best: I miss that.
  • For some laughs: read this.
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts