A Latte, a Walk, and the Thaw.

The clear skies!

Nothing too exciting to report today.

This week was tough with work, but not the toughest. We ordered carryout fried fish from a soul food restaurant near our home for the first Friday of Lent. It was very, very tasty. I had not ordered from that restaurant before, but it was delicious and I bet we will go there again.

We watched Mad Max: Fury Road last night, which was interesting. I did not know anything about the plot, and I did not know anything about the amount of action. But it was an interesting and enthralling movie. As a bit of a palate cleanser (since it's an intense movie), we watched the most recent episode of Mr. Mayor on Peacock too! Such a funny show!

This morning, my husband made chilaquiles. They were very tasty. Then, we went for a coffee at a local coffee shop: he got a drip coffee and I got a latte. Then, we went for a long walk around a nearby park. The temperature was much warmer than it's been for a few weeks, so although it was still cold, there were lots of people out enjoying the clear skies and warm(er) air.

There were even a few birds beginning to chirp: perhaps spring is finally coming?

Today's Delights:

  • Noom progress: even with the fried food last night, I am still on my usual track! I'm feeling good about my progress.
  • Our walk today was at a local park where my husband and I would routinely go for jogs over the summer: it was so interesting to see it in the dead of winter. The trees were all bare, the ponds were frozen over. Something desolate but very beautiful. And it was fun to see the difference.
  • My current book is getting better. I am about 50% through, and although I was not obsessed initially, I am liking it more and more.
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts