Monday Motivation: A Resolution Check-In

Well, it's January 11th. So we've had ten days of 2021 to begin working on our resolutions. Is there anything you've stuck with? Is there anything you immediately tossed out? It's a good day for a brief check-in on those intentions, goals, and resolutions.

Checking In on My Word of the Year:

Fearless. I wanted to tackle 2021 fearlessly. Well, I will admit that it has been more difficult that I would have imagined. But, once or twice in the past ten days, I can recall specifically acting when fear would have previously kept me from handling something. Today is a perfect day to start anew. Hopefully today, I can live without fear.

Checking In on What I've Done Well:

So far, aside from one day, I have meditated each day of 2021. A couple of times, I even managed to have the presence of mind to elect to meditate when having a particularly stressful moment. I am proud of this.

So far, I have explored some different workout options with Peloton. Before, I'd mostly stick to cycling with instructors I was familiar with. Now, I've done a few workouts with new instructors, and incorporated some strength training. I hope to continue exploring different workouts, and I hope to manage to get a good sweat in most days.

I have finished two books so far. And I have managed to elect to read some nights rather than just waste away in front of the television. I have also posted a blog post every day so far, and I continue to feel fulfilled by using creative energy for this purpose.

Also, this was a very small but doable goal: I wanted to put on makeup every day. Now, I have interpreted this in literally the simplest possible way. I have committed to 'doing' my eyebrows every day. I fill, comb, and set them. I have managed to do this, and it's just a small way to take a little pride in my appearance even if I'm just doing that work-from-home life.

Checking In on What I Need to Recommit To:

I have spent too much time doom scrolling, leading to some failure in living my word of the year. I want to recommit to spending less time on social media.

I want to recommit to taking the time to do more needlepoint. I think the only real hurdle keeping me from doing the needlepoint is the actual setup. Getting the needle threaded and the canvas ready takes a little time. But I would like to recommit to getting through the hurdle to enjoy the creative productivity.

I want to recommit to handling each work day fearlessly. When projects escalate in a negative way, I let it occupy too much of my mental energy. I'd like to let things go more easily and just do what I can with the time I have.

Today's Delights:

  • Yesterday, I finished Ordinary Grace, and it was a really lovely book. I absolutely churned through the second half.
  • I shopped our pantry yesterday and made some sweet Chex mix, loosely following this recipe from What's Gaby Cooking.
  • Also, for dinner last night, we had Trader Joe's orange chicken. This is one of our favorite lazy-takeout-but-still-homemade dinners. 
There's something delightful, even today. Love, A

Comments

  1. Putting on makeup everyday and putting your best foot “forward.” 100%! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts