All Delights

Yesterday was a pretty brutal one, work-wise. A lot of frustration. Very defeating. But this moment is a new second in a new hour in a new day. Every onward. Fearless, fearless, fearless. So for now, it's all delights.

The most vibrant peonies in my parents' front
yard. (This photo is from last spring.)

Today's Delights

  • I have continued to read each article on Noom, get a lunchtime walk in, stick to the calorie budget. I feel like I'm making progress and feeling a bit more disciplined. It feels good, and I'm proud of myself.
  • We have the free App for Peacock on our Roku. One show I discovered has been Million Dollar Listing-New York, which I'd never watched before. But something about the Bravo drama combined with the ~2012 designs in the luxury apartments is so fun.
  • We made a Costco trip last night to pick up some sparkling water, and we have some fun new flavors to try out!
  • Our sweet cat has been adorable today and yesterday, and she's sitting next to me as I write with my coffee made by my wonderful husband. Our current coffee is Black Rifle brand, Black Beauty. Very strong, very good! And a good company that supports the veteran community.
  • I did my first Peloton yoga class last night: it was a beginner-level focusing on forward-folds, so my hamstrings feel wonderfully loose today.
  • One matter that I have at work--which when it came in, I thought would take years--has been fully resolved as of yesterday. I am proud of that.
  • Dinner last night was very good: a cumin-spiced skirt steak on a kale salad. Delicious, delicious.
  • About a week ago, I chopped off several inches of my hair. I think I'm really getting the hang of the different length now, and I feel light.
  • Last night was a full moon, and when we woke up this morning, with the pink sunrise coloring the air, the moon was still in the sky. So beautiful.
  • God is good, and I have a lot to be thankful for.
Find something to delight in today. Even though yesterday was very tough, just writing this post has made me feel better. Hugs, A.

Comments

Popular Posts