New Job Progress and Houseguests

Hi there! 

It's been a while! My last post was actually the first day of my new job. Now, I'm feeling like a seasoned veteran, ha! Through my first week and a half, I've had some great one-on-one chats with my new colleagues, I've enjoyed the very-very positive culture, and I've completed my first solo thing. Everyone has been so nice and friendly. The office is being very intentional about cultivating collegiality. I've interacted with some customers now, and I've really enjoyed every day!

Houseguests, revisited

My husband and I are both fully vaccinated, and once we were one week out of the second dose, we decided we are going back to REGULAR life. We had two friends stay with us for the past weekend, we went to a college baseball game, we went to ...four?... bars. We went out for dinner and brunch, we served brunch at home. Every moment was SO HAPPY and gosh, I am glad to be living again.

When our friends got into town, we drove to a burger spot. We had burgers and beers on a patio. It was honestly gorgeous out. Food was delicious. We went to a bar afterwards. Next morning, my husband and I cooked brunch: eggs, fruit salad, and biscuits and gravy (from Chrissy Teigen's cookbook). Then we went to a baseball game. Afterwards, lunch and another bar (ha!). Rested up, then snacks and another bar(!).

Following morning, we went out for brunch. It was all so fun, and I'm so happy we had the guests.

Noom check-in

Today, I weighed in at 166.4 lbs. I'm wondering if this is actually going to be a general level-set weight for me. I'm comfortable with my appearance at this weight.

I've managed to take a walk almost every morning before work. I meditate most days (my supervisor even leads meditation sessions!). And I've managed to get several Peloton rides in these past 10 days too! I'm hoping that I can maintain this routine to be healthy and to learn my new job!

Overall, life is good! How are you?

Today's Delights:

  • I have a fantastic gluten-free/refined sugar-free/dairy-free mug cake recipe that I've made probably eight times! So delicious.
  • I am loving the bright sunny mornings for walks!
Find something to delight in -A

Comments

Popular Posts