Monday Motivation: Intention and Optimism

Good evening! Today was an exciting day. I started a new job, and I tried to tackle the day with optimism and intention. I tried to make today the kind of work day that I'd be proud to complete every day. I'm optimistic about my chances to learn and grow in this position.

Photo from a walk my husband and I took yesterday

Sorry this post is going up late today, but today was my first day with my new job! I think overall it felt like a great new adventure. So far, people have been really nice, and the transition has not been too difficult. Also, this past week was such a good break before jumping into something new.

Recent Delicious Eats

My husband had the idea to attempt poke bowls, based on a Trader Joe's post on Instagram. You use smoked tuna instead of sushi-grade raw tuna. So you just pile in veggies, smoked tuna, and rice and top with some seasoning and sauce: so delicious!

Brown rice, smoked tuna, cucumber, lima beans,
avocado, Siracha/mayo, sesame seeds, and seaweed

And on Saturday morning of this past weekend, I made some pretty cute avocado toast for the two of us:

Today's Delights:

  • I started watching Breaking Bad. I know I'm about a decade late, but wow, it really is good!
  • I survived my first day of my new job, which is fully remote. I hope I develop good communication habits to learn from the other folks on my team and get up to speed. It is also exciting because the team is very busy, so I think there will be quite a lot of exciting work right off the bat.
  • I did one of my favorite Peloton rides this morning: a 20-min with Emma Lovewell where she uses Disney songs! I kept to my intentions today.
  • I'm feeling very optimistic. I worked out, walked, meditated, focused on work, and ate healthy pretty much the entire day. 
  • Noom progress: there's been some backsliding during my time off. Today I weighed in at 168.4 lbs.

Comments

Popular Posts