Spring Cleaning

I have finally moved all of my possessions into my shared home with my husband! And let me tell you: I wish I'd been a minimalist for the last decade of my life! I've accumulated a lot of little decor items, some art, a ton of papers, pens, and stationery. So combining our homes has created SO much clutter with not quite enough space.

So today, we are purging and tidying! Lots of sorting! Seeing how many duplicates we have: like, we don't need two toasters! We're going through clothes and books and kitchen items. Sorting out what is good enough to donate, what should be recycled, and what should be thrown away.

Then we're reorganizing! I've already switched some cabinets in the kitchen now that we see how many spices we have versus how much space we need for cutting boards, etc.

Do you enjoy cleaning? Do you have a method you like? I also like to tidy, vacuum, tidy, vacuum, and keep moving around. It keeps me from getting bored too quickly.

Job change!

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, yesterday was my last day at my job! I've worked for that company for three years, and I'll begin my new job in May. My husband was so sweet and surprised me with champagne and flowers last night! We enjoyed the champagne, ordered some takeout barbecue, and watched Ted Lasso. Yes, we're already rewatching! Hah!

I'm really excited for this new opportunity, and I'm thankful for the lessons I've learned over the last three years about professionalism and boundaries. 

Today's Delights

  • This morning, my husband and I went to one of our favorite local coffee shops. I got a latte and a chocolate croissant: delicious!
  • The flowers are starting to bloom in earnest!
  • Yesterday, I meditated, and this morning I went for a walk first thing when I woke up. I'm hoping to develop good habits to take with me into this new job.
Find something to delight in today! -A

Comments

Popular Posts