Soothing Sunday: Carne Asada for When the Weather Turns

We live in the midwest, and so of course it's not fully warm yet. But it's getting there! The sun is out for more of the day, the flowers are starting to bloom, and especially the days are getting longer.

Yesterday, my husband thought we should grill out, and carne asada was the perfect thing for cooking on the grill! If you're intimidated by carne asada, I hope I can convince you that it's pretty approachable! Just season the meat well, throw it on some high heat, keep track of the internal temp so you don't overcook it, and then ta-da! Delicious carne asada.

I mixed up some guacamole for the side, we served the carne asada on yellow corn tortillas with cilantro and diced shallot. A drizzle of lime juice took it to the next level.

Then this morning, I went to drive-in mass (perhaps for the last time, since I'll be fully vaccinated next weekend!) and got home hungry for some tasty breakfast.

My husband scrambled some eggs, warmed up the leftover carne asada, chopped some cilantro and got out tortillas and salsa: ta-da! Breakfast tacos.

Perfect use for carne asada: two meals! Both delicious, both filling, and both pretty!

Today's Delights:

  • I have had more time recently to read, and I've been working through one audiobook and one e-book. They're both excellent, and I think they'll both be in my April round-up.
  • My husband and I have decided to move in August. He'll be taking a new job, and I'll be working remotely, so we're moving to a much larger city. It's been so fun to plan and think about what neighborhoods we want to go to. Stay tuned for more detail on that!
  • I have this week off between jobs. So I'm going to try to set intentions for my next job, prepare my home office for peak productivity, and just chill!
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts