Some Recent Fun Watches

I love watching TV. I love watching movies. I re-watch a lot of shows and a lot of movies. Lately, I've tried some new things and re-watched some old things I love. So I wanted to pop in with some recommendations!

  • I cannot recommend Ted Lasso enough. I had heard it referenced in podcasts and conversation for months. And I had a lot of interest in it! I remember seeing those Premier League soccer commercials back in 2014-or-so and laughing a lot at them. I've always been a Jason Sudeikis fan, too. But I didn't have Apple TV! So my husband recently got a new iPhone and Apple gave us a free year subscription, so we finally watched! Oh my goodness: it is fantastic! There are curse words, but it's such an uplifting show, I would want to watch with children! It is uplifting but truly, it is not cheesy. It just makes you happy! If you can, definitely set aside time for that!
  • Mandalorian: I am not the biggest Star Wars fan. But I definitely enjoyed the Mandalorian! I thought each episode was clever, and the characters were interesting. I liked that there was usually a little mission to every episode, and usually exposure to a new world in the Star Wars universe. Very fun, and it seemed very well done.
  • WandaVision: I know I mentioned it before, but I definitely enjoyed this show! I thought the appearance of each episode was pretty and impressive. I thought the character development was good! (I'm getting into it more below) And it also prompted me to try to re-watch or (newly) watch some of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There were references throughout WandaVision that I would have appreciated if I had been really deep into that universe.
  • Firefly: I've only watched the first episode! But I've heard it referenced for years. Apparently, people absolutely love this show, and I think I can see why! It's definitely aged: like the pace is a lot slower than modern shows. But I can definitely see the set-up for a cool plot and some interesting characters.
  • The Avengers movies: Avengers; Avengers Age of Ultron; Avengers Infinity War; and Avengers Endgame. Wow! There's a lot in this world, and each is pretttttty long! But I've revisited these movies lately and do really, really enjoy them! 
  • Oh, and I rewatched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring lately, and it holds up. What a spectacular movie!
Wow, this is pretty sci-fi/fantasy heavy! I guess that tracks. I've been a little stressed, and revisiting sci-fi/fantasy is a preferred calming method for me. How about you? Have you watched anything good recently?

Today's Delights:

  • I weighed in at 166.4 lbs this morning. Although this isn't the lowest I've been, I am still glad about the overall progress.
  • Last night, I did a fun Peloton ride: "pick me up" ride with Hannah Corbin. It was 20 minutes and definitely helped!
  • I started reading a new book in a series that my husband and I really enjoy! He's read this book already, but I just started, and it seems like it'll be a fun one!
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts