Motivation Monday: How to Handle a Week Off

One undeniable key to success is rest. I don't think it's even debatable at this point: burnout is well-documented, and resting adequately is necessary to keep burnout at bay.

So, I was getting perilously close to burned out at my last job. I would not be surprised if a large portion of that feeling of burnout was prompted by COVID languishing, but I was really looking forward to a change. So when I found my new position, I knew I needed at least a little time off in between jobs! So this week is my week off!

How to Rest Without Wasting a Week

I can be incredibly lazy. INCREDIBLY.

So I wanted to make sure that I did not waste this week by just binging television and baking treats that I did not need in my stomach. 

I wanted to feel rejuvenated by this week of rest! But I also want to prepare for my new job. So I am working to get our home more in order, to clean my car, to organize important papers, and maybe scrapbook a little.

The rejuvenation focus will be some more self-care. So today, I got a massage. Tomorrow, I'm getting a consultation with my hair stylist to develop a plan for my next hair color plan. I'm also going to spend pleeeenty of time outside, walking, and reading!

To prevent the wasting, I'm going to also try to be intentional about avoiding too much television, and avoiding too much time on the couch. I'm also going to try to not eat too much junk food!

Today's Delights

  • I deep cleaned our office/gym/spare bedroom. It's become such a magnet for random stuff, and it's not tidy yet. But I cleaned, and it feels great.
  • I took my car to the carwash and vacuumed and cleaned it!
  • Today, I got a massage, and then enjoyed having the windows WIDE OPEN because it's legit warm. 
  • Now, my husband and I will enjoy our balcony with our party lights!
So happy, so content! Find something to delight in -A

Comments

Popular Posts