Week No. 12: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

Happy Friday! I thought this week was going to be a bummer when it started out. It was super gloomy out, and I was in a total funk. But happily, it started turning around on Wednesday. Yesterday was even a really good day! I have a few things to look forward to this weekend. And I'm excited by all of the green that I'm starting to see outside. (That's the upside to a lot of drizzly rain!) I worked on having a good attitude, and it seemed to have made a big difference.

I cooked some good things for dinners this week too: normal tacos, a chicken banh mi meatball bowl.

This Week's Highs:

  • Career: I feel like I hit a big breakthrough in one of my files yesterday. It had stumped me for a long while, but I think I finally got a better understanding.
  • Health: Wed/Th/F of this week, I woke up and went for a fifteen minute walk and also meditated. I've been listening to Atomic Habits on audiobook, and it's really really inspired me to make some changes that I want to see in my life.
  • Personal: My husband and I finished Ted Lasso this week. We really loved the show! Also I am getting together with a friend this afternoon!

This Week's Lows:

  • Career: Monday and Tuesday of this week, I was in a total funk. I was not productive at all, and it just made me more and more stressed.
  • Health: I did a lot of binge-eating earlier this week. This past weekend, I ate primarily unhealthy foods, and it really was just lingering for a while. But I trusted the process, and kept looking for opportunities to be better. Ultimately, I feel like I'm back on track.
  • Personal: A loved one is in the hospital for something sort of minor. But it's just so awful that things like this happen.

This Week's Good Reads:

  • I got such a kick out of this roundup of ways people in the past imagined future technology would look! Via DeMilked.
  • I am totally sold on the message in this article. I even learned in my audiobook that looking forward to something is significantly more exciting and pleasurable than actually experiencing the think that you looked forward to! Via Vice.
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts