Week No. 11: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

It's been a long week, honestly!

This Week's Highs:

  • Career: I managed to complete a handful of difficult matters. I had some conversations about professional development too.
  • Health: Today, I weighed in at 164.2! I haven't been below 165 in quite some time, so that was really exciting this morning! I've been trying to take a walk in the evenings, and pairing it with a good audiobook. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up at least a little more, but just committing to some movement keeps me on track. Also, with just a little meditation, I can feel such benefits! I miss having a regular meditation habit.
  • Personal: My husband and I started watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV. It's so good! No spoilers please! We just finished episode 3, and we just smile the whole time we watch it. Also, we have some things to look forward to it! We are taking a little day trip tomorrow and some overnight trips for the next two weekends too!

This Week's Lows:

  • Career: I think with daylight savings time, I was just dragging for the first half of this week. So I felt extremely, extremely tired.
  • Health: I have been having a nagging muscle issue in my neck for a few weeks, and it seems that with stress it gets inflamed. It can be extremely uncomfortable! So I'm hoping that I can sort out a good stretching/physical therapy/meditation regime.
  • Personal: Honestly the weather has just stunk. It's been super windy, quite cold, very gray. Today looks like some sunshine! So let's hope it really gets bright!

Good Reads:

  • I liked this piece about trying to become a better employee and whether your reputation from when you started at a job ever really goes away. Via The Cut.
  • I have always been fascinated by matchmakers. I don't know if I have the love-match-making quality necessary to be a matchmaker, but I also think it would be SO FUN to be a matchmaker. So this article about modern day matchmaking was so fun to read! Via New York Times.
  • I love anything discussing the art of embroidery! Via Verily.
Find something delightful! You can! -A

Comments

Popular Posts