Week No. 10: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

It was quite a week. It felt very busy, very overwhelming at times. But also, the sunlight, the warmth has made all of life feel better! How was your week?

This Week's Highs:

  • Career: For me, the best part of the week, career-wise, was that I got an acknowledgement of my performance and some rewards/thanks/feedback from my immediate supervisor.
  • Health: I have been feeling more and more comfortable with the way that my Noom progress is going! I feel like I've gotten a bit more control over certain cravings, and a lot more comfort in paying attention to my activity levels, to what I'm eating, and to how I feel as a result of certain treats.
  • Personal: This past weekend was just such a good weekend! I felt like having some appointments (which I haven't had for soooo long) felt good, and like making the weekend feel full actually carried me with better energy all week. And it's been so wonderful to have warmer weather again! I think it'll be pretty chilly this weekend, but I know that spring is finally coming.

This Week's Lows:

  • Career: I was just so wildly busy this week. Oh my goodness. I still have more to get done, absolutely. But some things felt like they finally were achieved.
  • Health: I have gotten out of the habit of using our stationary bike as often as I had been. This afternoon, I am taking a few hours of personal leave, so I'll probably try to get a workout in today. Hopefully get back on track!
  • Personal: I have been working on the tiring process of getting accounts updated with my married name, etc. So yesterday I had to have a long, frustrating call with my bank because they lost some of the documents that I sent in to prove the name change. It seems like they're going to fix it, but it did take about 90 minutes to get to that point. I know we all have to deal with these administrative things! But they just frustrate me more than they should--hah!

This Week's Good Reads:

  • I thought it was pretty fun to read about all the new words that the COVID pandemic has prompted in the German language. Via NPR.
  • When I lived in the DC-area, my go-to was Sweetgreen. My wasted income on salads was.... a lot. So I actually was so excited by this post about making your own salads, for an affordable price tag. There are a few hills I would ...not quite die, but...  suffer a serious injury on, and making-your-own-salads-is-not-hard-and-not-expensive-! is one of those hills. This post highlights two Sweetgreen dupes: and if you bought those ingredients, I promise it would cost less than just one Sweetgreen salad! Via Cupcakes and Cashmere.
  • Now that we might be seeing the end of the COVID pandemic crisis, a new crisis is happening. Make sure to read about the crisis going on at the southern border. Via NPR.
Delight in something today -A

Comments

Popular Posts