Second Winter Woes

Without getting too melodramatic--I have so much to be thankful for--I am just in a bit of a genuine slump right now! There are lots of jokes in the upper Midwest about 'fool's spring' and 'second winter.' And right now, it just seems like we are right back into winter after a very delightful 'fool's spring.' This gloomy weather paired with some really negative work experiences is just knocking me down!

It's been like upper-30s and drizzly all week. We are expecting some sunshine and warmth this coming weekend, which will make a huge difference. But honestly, this gloomy, windy, drizzly, gray weather is really bumming me out at this moment.

How do you think you handle these sorts of hills and valleys?

There have been times where I've really cranked up my Vitamin D or Vitamin C intake.

Sometimes I just kind of wallow in the gloominess and get overjoyed when I'm able to finally crawl out of the gloom.

And I think one of the more healthy ways to handle it is to accept the chilliness and try to just enjoy the coziness. So right now, I'm under some heavy blankets, I'm drinking a warm beverage, and I'm just trying to enjoy being cozy.

Today's Delights:

  • Today I weighed in at 165 lbs. Since my high point beginning my Noom journey, I have truly lost 10 lbs which is very exciting. I have further to go to get to my goal, but I'm very proud of myself.
  • Last night, my husband and I had to run an errand, and we decided to get Chick-fil-a for dinner rather than cook after finishing the errand. Something about the fact that we don't get fast food all that often makes it honestly kind of a fun adventure when we decide to get fast food. I got a spicy chicken sandwich, mac and cheese, and diet lemonade. It's my absolute favorite fast food! So tasty and good!
  • Right now, we have a few things to look forward to! Although neither one of us has gotten vaccinated, more and more of our family has been getting their vaccines. So we are taking a day trip this coming weekend to visit some family. And next weekend, we're actually doing an overnight trip to a BNB: we haven't had a vacation in ages. I actually don't think we've slept somewhere other than our own home since.... October? I am definitely spoiled, but between business travel, friends' weddings, and just little trips, I used to go on an airplane about once every month! This has been such a long, weird, weird year. So these little trips (and another short trip for Easter!) are so exciting to anticipate. One day, I'll be back on a plane, and I'll never complain about air travel again, hah!
Find something to delight in! -A

Comments

Popular Posts