Our Home Coffee Station

What kind of day starts without coffee? I don't think I even want to imagine it!

I started drinking iced mochas from Panera back when I was about ten. And from then on, I was set on my lifelong path towards love of coffee. First it was frozen chocolate-coffee drinks with sugar and cream and whipped cream! Then, when I was in college, I started drinking lattes with cookies or croissants on the side. Gradually, I graduated to black coffee.

Now, I absolutely love a strong cup of hot, black coffee first thing in the morning! Before I was married, I suffered through quite a lot of... swill... from my office's break room. Now, my sweet husband makes us coffee every morning!

We are a pour over coffee family now. But I used to have a drip coffeemaker that I also really loved. I think the biggest influences on taste are freshly ground coffee beans.

The Main Elements

  • Coffee grinder
  • Whole coffee beans
  • Electric water kettle
  • Chemex pour over coffee maker
  • Chemex filters

The Bonus Elements

  • Sugar bowl / creamer
  • Coffee cups and saucers
  • Teaspoons

Today's Delights:

  • I'll be honest, the last few days have been real bummers for me. I've been pretty distracted during work, I've been eating pretty unhealthy. However, yesterday, I tried to get a bit more on track with some changes that I want to make in myself. I managed to meditate yesterday and stick to my Noom tasks for the day. Today I weighed in at 165.2 lbs.
  • Last night, my husband and I finished watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV. I am so sad it's over! I just really loved that show!
  • I started listening to a new audiobook that I think may be one of my favorites so far this year. It's nonfiction, and I had to wait quite a while on my library e-book app to get it: it's apparently very popular! Atomic Habits.
Find something to delight in today! -A

Comments

Popular Posts