Motivation Monday: Spring Refresh

This weekend, I started putting some effort into rearranging some furniture, putting our patio cushions back outside, repotting some plants, and taking some of my Spring clothes out of the under-the-bed storage containers and hanging them up in the closet.

Although it's still a little chilly, and my phone shows a forecast of snow within the next ten days, I just feel like it's Spring... finally!

My husband and I took a long walk at a local park this weekend, and it was just so pretty out. We both were feeling even a little warm by the end of it! It's fun to look out of our window and see the newly swept and decorated patio. 

So I started thinking about the best ways to refresh in Spring:

Spring Refresh: Clothes

I have a lot of overlap between my cold and warm weather wardrobes. But some items can certainly be put in storage during their off-season months. Right now, the majority of my sundresses, swimsuits, shorts, and floral items are in an under-the-bed storage container. Although during this transitory period, I might be drawn to online shopping, I am usually fairly satisfied just by returning my own springy clothes to the closet where I can see them.

Spring Refresh: Home

The first big thing I do in the Spring to refresh is clean! I love cleaning off the patio, the patio furniture, cleaning the bathrooms, opening the windows to breathe fresh air into our home.

I also love rearranging furniture for the Spring. Changing some tablecloths to more light, airy fabrics. Putting the heavy blankets into the linen closet. Spring seems to call for more open space. So I even move things a little closer to the walls so the open space is a bit wider. 

And in the warmer weather, I can set the indoor plants back outside for more direct light and more moisture!

Spring Refresh: Health

In the Spring, I think more berries are on the menu. I think more cool dishes and less heavy soups. I think Spring calls for more outdoor exercise, more long walks, more dinners out on the patio, more lingering outside--sucking up some sunshine and Vitamin D.

How about you? What are your favorite ways to refresh in the Spring?

Today's Delights:

  • Last night, I cooked banh mi bowls out of a recipe from Gaby Dalkin's cookbook Eat What You Want. I subbed ground chicken for ground pork. It was so delicious, colorful, and fresh!
  • My husband and I had a wonderful weekend. It just felt so relaxing and joyful.
  • I am most of the way through an audiobook version of Commonwealth by Ann Patchett. I'd never read anything by her, and I think it's a beautiful story so far!
What delighted you today? -A

Comments

Popular Posts