Motivation Monday: Just Like That... It's March!

I am both amazed and confused by the fact that it is March already. New Year's Day feels like a genuinely long time ago, so maybe I thought we would be further into the year by now. But at the same time, many days just blur together, and I'm amazed that two full months have come and gone.

I think that means we should revisit those goals and intentions for 2021.

Living Fearlessly

My word of the year is fearless. I'll give myself a B on the score of living fearlessly. I'd say that there are days where I wake up with a lot of my perfectionist, negative self-talk where I'm prevented from getting anything done for fear of doing it poorly. But I have had days, maybe even weeks, where I wake up each day with the goal to at least do the best I can. In those days, I feel I live fearlessly. There were a few times I was honest with colleagues or honest with my husband to try to solve a problem and be vulnerable, rather than do my instinctual thing which would be to swallow the issue and hope it goes away. I also felt fearless in those times.

Another aspect of living fearlessly is trying to accept new challenges, and be open to things that previously intimidated me. In that regard, I do not think I can really give myself a grade because we are still in lockdown. However, we have one adventure planned for later this month: a stay at a BnB that we were gifted for our wedding.

Weight Loss Journey

Part of my intention for 2021 was to lose some of my quarantine weight. While I made that attempt mostly casually for part of January, I committed fully to the Noom process on January 25. On January 1, 2021, I was approximately 170 lbs. On January 25, 2021, I weighed in at 175.4 lbs. Today, I weighed in at 169 lbs.

In a way, I'm a little frustrated, but at the same time, the reason I made the stronger commitment on January 25 was that I had exceeded 175 which was a number I really wanted to avoid--at least before having children. So although I am within a pound of where I started 2021, I have lost six pounds overall.

Some other benefits I've gained since beginning Noom have been good, but unrelated to actual weight lost. One thing that I have benefited from is being much more aware of the calories that I take in. When I would just eat as much as I liked without thinking, I'd often have two portions of dinner. I'd often have a big scoop of hummus with pretzels. And although the dinner could be healthy, and hummus is full of fiber, there were a lot more calories in there than I'd realized. I have also benefited from trying to pay attention to the amount of steps that I'm getting in a day. And I have benefited from learning a bit more about nutrition from the daily lessons I read in the mornings.

I'll check in on more of the intentions for 2021 tomorrow.

Today's Delights:

  • Last night we watched the movie Sister Act, which, incredibly, I had never seen before! Hah, I don't know what I thought the movie was about, but I was surprised by the actual plot and I really got a kick out of it! 
  • This weekend, my sweet husband and I drove to my old apartment to finish packing up the remaining items. We have been married for many months now, but due to a complication with my employer, I had to keep my apartment and worry that I would actually have to return at least short-term. I have finally gotten confirmation that I will not have to return (at least for a long while), so I have terminated my lease and we moved a bunch of my stuff into our shared home. It feels special to have more of 'my' things in our home, and it's a huge relief to not be stuck with another month's rent.
  • Between moving, and being exhausted, we had quite a lot of takeout this week, so last night we decided to just round out the weekend with a treat, and we went to a local ice cream shop. I got coffee-oreo flavor, and it was *exactly* what I would have hoped for.
Find something to delight in today --A

Comments

  1. I have always thought you are GORGEOUS. No one fits into any certain mold, even though society also tells us to look like teenage boys instead of women. Learning more about nutrition and getting your steps in- absolutely awesome and bravo. Health is not about a number, but a feeling that comes from moving and moderation. You are AWESOME. And, I noticed you mentioned KIDS! 👶

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts