More on How Those 2021 Goals Are Going...

If you read yesterday's post, you know that I thought it was a good time to check back in on those 2021 goals and intentions. Yesterday's post discussed my word of the year, fearless, and my weight loss journey. Today, I'll discuss the remaining goals and intentions:




Where I need to refocus:

A couple of my intentions were related to being more kind with myself and creating more quality time with loved ones. I think I should refocus on these. I have been pretty good about avoiding negative self-talk. But there was a stretch of some extraordinary job-related stress. During that period of stress, I was not very kind to myself.

As for quality time, lockdown obviously creates a hurdle. But I have not made efforts to do Facetime calls or Zoom catchups with friends and family. On the bright side, I continue to have lots and lots of quality time with my sweet husband!

One small, quirky goal was to wear makeup every day. I interpreted that in the laziest way possible: comb, fill, and set my eyebrows every day. And I had a very good stretch, but I've fallen off the wagon on that.

And finally, meditation! I reaped a lot of benefits from my daily meditation practice when I had one. But I gradually lost the routine of it. Now I only do it pretty randomly. 

Where I feel like I am on track:

One goal for 2021 was to read 35 books... That's going very well. I have a feeling I'll be able to meet that goal! I have read 14 books already, and only two months have elapsed.

Another goal was to spend less time on social media. Although my Lenten sacrifice of giving up social media kind of provided a short-cut, I am off social media right now, and it's been a longer period of time than I can remember! 

And related to the weight loss journey, I wanted to develop a good exercise routine. I feel happy with where my exercise routine is now. I try to incorporate some variety by taking Peloton yoga classes as well as strength training classes to mix it up from the just bike classes. And in the bike classes, I have tried to take different instructors' classes and to try out types of classes that usually would not appeal to me. For instance, I worked to incorporate more interval training, so I took a HIIT class with Jess King. Those might now be my favorite!

Your turn! Did you have a word for the year? or intentions/goals for 2021? Now that we're into March, is there anything you want to celebrate achieving or to refocus on?

Today's Delights:

  • We've been having some technical difficulties with our oven for a couple weeks. And we finally submitted a maintenance request to the landlord. Yesterday, the maintenance man visited, and got the ball rolling on fixing it. It's not done yet, but we're on the way now!
  • I'm reading a new book called Joyful, which I've actually found very interesting! It's nonfiction and about design. Neither of those is usually a big appeal to me, but I've been gaining a lot from this book.
  • A loved one had a job interview yesterday, and I am so hopeful for them!
Can you find something delightful today? -A

Comments

Popular Posts