Big Saturday Morning Energy

Happy Saturday!

Oh, I have big Saturday morning energy today! I slept in a little, I started some laundry, I made some *superb* fried eggs to put on top of some avocado toast, my husband and I went to Trader Joe's and Target, and the sun is out!

One of my most picturesque avocado toast successes!

Like most Americans, I'm sure, I have such a love for weekends. My love for them has evolved with age. When I was a kid, I'm sure I was most excited about sports games, donuts, and going to the office with one of my parents. When I was in college, it was a lot of parties, extreme sleeping, binge watching some Netflix, and catching up on homework. When I became a sophisticated young professional, bougie brunch had a prominent place in a good weekend.

Now? Now I just love a weekend where I can open the windows, do some cleaning, eat some tasty food (at a restaurant or at home), and do some kind of physical activity. Back pre-pandemic, I loved taking a workout class at a barre studio on a Saturday morning, and picking up an iced coffee on my way home. Or going for a long walk and stopping into a pastry shop where I was strolling.

Today feels like a good start to the weekend! My husband and I are going to make some homemade bagels! I'm going to clean the master bathroom. I'm going to keep doing some laundry. We should head out for a little stroll at a park. I just love the refreshing feeling of a spring weekend! 

How are you? Any weekend projects for you?

Today's Delights:

  • I think I have mastered the fried egg! This used to be kind of a gap in my cooking ability, but I really think I have it down pat now: even sunny side up!
  • We watched another episode of Ted Lasso last night, and it is just so good! My husband and I just smile the whole time watching it! Super uplifting, super happy and fun.
  • And last night we ordered Domino's for dinner. Oh my gosh. We don't do it all that often, but it is such a solid takeout pizza option, super good service at our local one, and yum! just what we want it to be.
I'm feeling so happy and delighted! how about you? -A

Comments

Popular Posts