Week No. 6: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

 Happy Friday! We have a three-day weekend this weekend, and I cannot be more excited.

This Week's Highs:

  • Career: Over Christmas and New Year's, our team skipped our Zoom check-ins, and yesterday we had our first one since mid-December! I love the check-ins, and it was nice to see everyone's faces. Also, I had an opportunity to explore a potential new career thing, so fingers-crossed for that.
  • Health: I had one fun Peloton ride this week! Unfortunately, not quite the week for health highs. But tonight, a friend and I are taking a virtual yoga class--it should be fun!
  • Personal: Last night, I had a great Zoom catch-up with two of my best friends from college. It was so fun to chat, to hear about their lives, and to see how amazing they're being.

This Weeks's Lows:

  • Career: Work has just been so stressful recently. 
  • Health: It has been SO cold, and I have not managed to get any of my daily walks! I miss it, and hopefully, I can get back into it.
  • Personal: I've been missing my family lately, and every day that loved ones are not getting the vaccine really bums me out.

Noom Progress:

Missing out on my daily walks seems to have stunted my progress a little. But this morning I weighed in at 167.4 lbs. So I am about 8 lbs down since my renewed effort beginning on January 25. I am definitely proud of this. I have continued to weigh in every day, to read each article each day, and to log my meals. For the most part, it seems like I am sticking to my calorie budget!

This Week's Good Reads:

  • Last night, my husband and I watched Fake Famous on HBO Max. It was pretty fun! I love anything shedding a light on how much lying and faking-it happens on social media. However, this article tries to present the other side of the influencer world. Via Buzzfeed.
  • I am looking for advice wherever I can to get out of this pandemic/February/cold slump! Here's one that I'm trying to learn from. Via Forbes.
Find something to delight in--A

Comments

Popular Posts