Week No. 5: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

Five weeks of 2021 over alread! I can't quite decide if February is already feeling longer and more exhausting than January... For me, it got off to a rocky start. But I do like February: Valentine's Day has always been a bit of a favorite of mine. And with Parks and Rec's invention of 'Galentine's Day', the month is even better!

I don't know if this does the wind and blowing snow justice, 
but yesterday was a pretty wild, wintry day.

This Week's Highs:

  • Career: I have been thinking about a new opportunity in my field. Exploring the new opportunity and feeling like it's something I could be qualified for is very exciting.
  • Health: This week has been a strong one for meeting my step goals on the Noom app. Each day, the app increases my goal by a little bit, and although the weather hasn't always permitted going outside for a 40 minute walk, most days, I have met my goal. I have also tried to pair an activity I really enjoy (listening to a fun audiobook) with the more difficult task of getting my steps in.
  • Personal: We finished Lupin, and I'm about halfway through an audiobook that I am greatly enjoying. I also started watching Call My Agent, which is fun and makes me want to try to learn some French again. It has also been a very sweet week with my husband: he has teleworked many days, and it is so fun to spend the time with him throughout the day. 
  • Random: I got AirPods! I've used them for two days: throughout the work day and on a long walk. They're probably all they're cracked up to be. It's so nice to not be fighting with the wire all day, and it's nice to be able to walk around our home without having to pick up my phone. Such a small, and bougie light thing... but so far, they're a definite high.

This Week's Lows:

  • Career: Monday was an awful day, work-wise. But it was also a day that made me extremely thankful for my wonderful husband. It also made me thankful for some colleagues who helped me in the midst of a very difficult situation.
  • Health: We have had some brutal winter weather recently. So I have had trouble getting outside for my walks on particular days. 
  • Personal: The awfulness from Monday absolutely bled into my personal life.

Noom Journey Check-In:

Today, I weighed in at 168! I am down approximately 8 lbs. During the course of Noom, I have eaten Indian takeout, brownies, pizza, and pasta. I have also learned to incorporate veggies and fresh greens to bulk up my meals without making them more caloric. I have been pretty good about meal-planning: especially for lunches. I have weighed in every morning, I have logged all of my meals, and I have read the articles for each day. I have been able to see a connection between my weight progress and my activity levels. 

This Week's Good Reads:

  • This article describes some habits that 8 female executives have given up to improve their standing. Have you given up any of these? Never accepting a first offer is something I try to live by! Via FastCompany.
  • I know a few people have made career transitions during the pandemic. This piece outlines some tips for beginning a new job remotely. Via CNBC.
  • Is anyone hitting a pandemic wall? I've been feeling so exhausted, so burnt out. So it was fun to read this piece about someone making friends during COVID! Via Refinery29.
What are your highs and lows for the week? Have you read anything good this week?

Be delighted. Love, A.

Comments

Popular Posts