Week No. 3: Highs, Lows, and Good Reads

This Week's Highs

  • Career: I managed to get two big things wrapped up this week that had been unresolved for some time!
  • Health: I did the Wicked! ride on Peloton yesterday, which was soo fun. I've never actually seen the musical, but I love the soundtrack. It was very motivating! I also incorporated a good arm workout, which makes it all more rewarding.
  • Personal: We had a lovely, happy week this week. Our cat has been so funny and sweet, and we keep laughing. We watch Mr. Mayor each week on Peacock, and it's also super entertaining. Also, all the Bernie Sanders memes this week were so funny to me! I'm sure they'll seem old in about two more days, but ah, I think they're hilarious!

This Week's Lows

  • Career: I was absolutely lacking in motivation this past week! And I had to go through a lot of back-and-forth with our company's accounting department over some very minimal things. It was just a little frustration that took up far too much time.
  • Health: Oh my goodness, I have had such a sweet tooth this week! It's been ridiculous. Also, the winter doldrums have kicked in in the most aggressive way this week.
  • Personal: My car battery died yesterday! So I had to call AAA for a jump. That was frustrating, and it looks like I may be in the market for a new car battery. My vehicle is also 10 years old, and it may also be time to start thinking about a new car. That's exciting for sure, but it'll be a big purchase and big decision.

This Week's Good Reads

  • 7 Strange Questions to Help You Find Your Purpose: Every once in a while, I wonder what I want to be when I grow up. Sheesh, you're almost thirty... you are grown up, A! Yes, I hear you, but life may end up being very long, and I may have many more years to do other things. This article was honestly thought-provoking in a novel way for me. If you feel a little stumped, perhaps this article can help you too. From Mark Manson.
  • Quarantine is ruining your body: file this under frustrating and obvious. Anything I do throughout the day to counteract the hunching, screentime, and solitude is so necessary! From The Atlantic.
  • I don't know about you, but this week has been my most aggressive winter-doldrums kind of week. So this article in Verily about living with the winter quiet was very helpful.
Find something to delight in today -A

Comments

Popular Posts