Current Skincare and Beauty Favorites

You know the cliche about how influencers say "oh a lot of people have been asking about my skincare routine" to allow them to link a bunch of sponsored skincare content? Well, I'm here to say, (a) I'm not an influencer, so none of this is sponsored, and (b) no one has asked about my skincare routine. I am a total minimalist when it comes to skincare, makeup, and beauty generally. This is partially laziness and partially stinginess. I do not like spending money on things that I don't know I'll like. But here are a few things that I've come to rely on:

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

I received a sample of this hand cream in a Birchbox in... 2012? And it is the only hand cream I have used ever since. I think I've gone through numerous bottles, but they last for a long time! The grapeseed oil seems to cure even the most crackly cuticles or nails. It also is my ideal scent. Slightly floral but not at all saccharine. 

Trader Joe's Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil

I picked this up from Trader Joe's on a whim one time, and I've been working on the same bottle for several months. I think this is a really great detoxifying face wash. I love using it maybe 3 times a week--usually after a tough workout. When I first purchased it, I used it daily, and that was a little too aggressive.

Beautycounter Countertime Lipid Cleansing Oil

And this is the perfect complement to the tea tree face wash. This cleansing oil feels sooo luxurious. Even applying it, I'll give myself a little face massage to flush out toxins. I use this face wash each time I don't use the tea tree oil face wash. It's also a great cleansing oil to remove makeup--even some stubborn mascara. If you use it, do yourself a favor and let it sit a little before washing it off. And you will end up glowy and moisturized.

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

This is the most I've ever liked a mascara! It's really great at preventing clumps, it just fluffs up your eyelashes in such a pretty and youthful way without looking heavy. It's also drugstore priced which is amaaaazing.

Beautycounter Brilliant Brow Gel

I mentioned my tiny New Year's resolution to fill, style, and set my eyebrows every day. This is my key! The gel is applied with a little combing want and the gel is tinted to give your eyebrows a little bit of fill.

And an honorable mention goes to Vaseline. It's not revolutionary, expensive, or anything. I just always rely on it, and I have for decades.

Today's Delights:

  • I started a very, very sweet book last night, and cannot wait to tell you all about it;
  • I continue to be pleased by incorporating more ab work and short pilates workouts with my cycling classes--last night's 20 minute pilates and Cody Rigsby's 20 minute pop ride were a great combo; and
  • I wrote a few more notes last night, which always puts me in a good mood.
Try to delight in something today. Love, A

Comments

  1. Great mascara! The most important part of my beauty routine is wearing a facial lotion with SPF....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts