My Gift to Myself

So, what's this all about? 

Hello there.

I can only imagine which route of internet pipes (see, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) led you to this page. Hello, I'm Audrey, and I'm pleased to have you here.

Today is December 26, 2020, and my husband and I just enjoyed a #QuietChristmas due to the pandemic: we didn't travel or have any family to visit our home. Just zoomed both sides of the family and opened presents together. We each had yesterday off of work, so we were presented with a "free" three-day weekend and had no real plans. For some reason, that led me to consider deleting Instagram and writing a blog post.

For several years, I've toyed with fully cutting the social media cord, but Facebook and Instagram probably serve as my most long-standing scrapbook/journal I have ever had. And so I wondered if there could be another way to keep track of fun memories, and ta-da! here it is. This blog will be my gift to myself for 2020 Christmas.

If this blog becomes what I hope for it to be: I'll keep track of fun things I cook and bake, write musings on things I saw or bought, recommend good articles, and perhaps gain three readers--only two of whom are related to me.

So, thus begins something new. 

Today's delights (note the title of this blog!): 

  • writing thank you notes for Christmas gifts received this year; 
  • continued writing Christmas cards (as our Zola Christmas cards were a smidge late to us due to pandemic shipping delays and we haven't signed them all yet); 
  • watching Ma Rainey's Black Bottom on Netflix; and 
  • enjoying a nice long walk in the cold with flocks of geese in the sky. 
This week, I'm making risotto and spicy meatloaf, both of which are recipes from Chrissy Teigen's Cravings cookbook. 

Look for something delightful today, AM

Comments

Popular Posts